Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Problem and Solution To Marketing

Do you have something to sell?  It does not matter if you sell a product or service online or in a brick and mortar store, we share a common problem.  How do we sell more of our stuff?  Back in 1999 I started an engineering firm that was quite successful.  That is until may marketing and sales efforts became more and more difficult.

This was the beginning of the era of internet marketing.  To say that I was clueless was an understatement.  I used traditional methods of spending hours and hours of looking up email addresses and phone numbers.  Of course as my business began to boom and investors starting giving me money the time I had to spend on Sales and marketing began to drastically drop.  As a result of that and some other poor business decisions by me and my new partners, the whole thing just flopped.

Whether you are an author, a musician, or any type of small business owner, sales and marketing are the life blood of what you do.  As the saying goes, "Nothing gets done until someone makes a sale".  The question and the problem ultimately are the same.  How can I sell more of my stuff?  Knowing some basics of marketing can save you a ton of time.  First you have to know your target market and exactly where they will look to find what you offer.

Over the past 8 years I have spent a ton of time and study on the solution to this one problem.  Don't get me wrong, I like many, have fallen pray to many internet marketing scams.  Yep, you know the ones that promise an answer in order for you to take you business to unbelievable heights.  Of course you can get all of that for the low low price of $497 (or what ever ridiculous price they quote).

So don't feel too bad if you have fallen for some of this as well.  Most of us have.  The truth is that even if you wasted your money on some of those scams, you made that purchase for a reason.  The reason was very simple.  There marketing appealed to a few things with in you.  They addressed a real problem you where faced with (i.e. making more money).  They offered you a solution to that problem.  They also tapped into your insecurities and emotions.  The final thing they did was promise you hope.

My specialty is creating radio commercials that work.  Over the years I have found the words to say and how to say them to talk to any target market that is out there.  You see the tactics of those internet scam artists actually work.  The difference is that with your company you are not trying to make a quick buck.  You are sincerely trying to offer useful products and services to a core target market.

If you have ever been scammed you are familiar with the OMG moment that you had when you realized that you just wasted your money.  I know I do.  For this reason I have a personal policy of NEVER creating sales and marketing materials for people or companies that I can not trust myself.

The Solution

What we do (for honest business owners like you) is create commercials that make your target market say, "I Want One".  There are several things that need to be done in order to actually call this a solution.  Before I get into those however let me say this.  There is absolutely no way that anyone can offer you some sort of cookie cutter solution.  What works for one company may not work at all for yours.  This is why our approach involves really getting to know, not just your company, but the reasons and the passion behind why you do what you do.

Let me explain this a little more.  You see people don't by what you do, they buy "WHY" you do what you do.  The simple truth is that no one really cares about you or your company for that matter.  That being said, the "why" in what do takes the focus off of you and puts it squarely on your potential customers.  They buy the what's in it for me.

Do you remember a few years back when the iPhone made a commercial showing a girl talking to her dad using video.  They were talking about her new braces and her dad was trying to get her to smile.  You remember it right.  That commercial was pure genius.  Not once did they mention what the iPhone could do.  The didn't mention one feature.  They simply showed their product in use by people just like you.  They tapped into a part of us all that made us all want one.

This is what we will do with you.  We will help you tap into the "thing" that will make your target market want to buy what you have to sell.  We will spend time with you creating ads that capture the attention of your customers and cause them to take action!  With radio you have just a few seconds in order to capture the attention.  After that every single word and sound MUST be focused on keeping it.

This is the promise that I can make to you.  I will spend time talking with you and analyzing your current business.  I will get to know you in order that I can actually care about what you are offering.  If I can not help you, I will tell you I can't.  However, if I know I can, I will produce your commercial, I will teach you how to use it appropriately, and I will hold your hand through the whole process.  Through our connections we can currently put your commercial in front of over 500K people every week.  Let us put a voice to your product or service.  We are simply the best at what we do.

Want one?

www.RadioCommercialsThatWork.com

No comments:

Post a Comment